Thursday, January 5, 2017

The One About Purposeful Pursuit in 2017

When 2016 rolled in, I had every intention to follow a grace-filled life.  Glorifying busyness in the previous year resulted to neither productivity nor progress as far as my goals were concerned.  I was exhausted and burnt out.  Allowing God’s grace to flow freely into my life provided serenity, peace of mind, and a sense of fulfillment even from – curiously – not being able to accomplish everything in my to-do list.

This year, I plan to continue relishing in the gift of grace everyday.  However, I want my theme for the year to have an element of action too.  A word that will have a graceful undertone but embodies determination and strength as well as a sense of progress toward my goals.

I cannot think of a better theme for 2017 than this:  PURSUE.




Pursue a grace-filled life:  to be intentional and purposeful in every action I take and to focus on God’s direction at all times.

Pursue progress, not perfection.

Pursue what is meaningful even if it means not having more.

Scrolling through my social media feed, I cannot help but feel pressured with all the posts on hitting the ground running at the onset of the new year.  It’s quite okay to start slow, isn’t it?  In fact, there is really no need to rush when I know that the dreams and goals that I’m pursuing are the ones that really matter.


So here’s to a purposeful pursuit in 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment