Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The One about My New Year at The Manor

To welcome 2010, my family and I headed to cool Baguio. After about 7 hours of a butt-numbing ride, we were welcomed warmly at The Manor. I loved it there...


The weather was cool, the scent of pine trees was heavenly, and the warmth of the log cabin-esque environment was really nice.

I consider myself a foodie traveller so I was really excited to try the breakfast buffet at the Le Chef. And it did not disappoint! I went back to the buffet 7 times! Seven times!


Round 1: Egg noodle soup
Round 2: Assorted cold cuts, maki, and a salad mix celery, cherry tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese


Round 3: Garlic rice, garlic sausages, potato wedges, breakfast sausages, aubergine casserole
Round 4: Egg omelette, crispy bacon


Round 5: Waffles with whipped cream and honey
Round 6: Yogurt with peaches


Round 7: Watermelon and mangoes (Where are the mangoes? You see, I was enjoying my breakfast too much that I only remembered to take a picture of my last plate when I had gobbled up all the mangoes!)

I love the New Year Countdown Party at The Manor. The live band plays funky music then everybody just gets together at the stroke of midnight to wish each other a New Year. We position ourselves right under the fireworks and it's like stars are all around you.


Having been in Baguio several times, my family and I just decided to stay most of the time at The Manor, soaking up all its goodness, and occassionally leaving the hotel for meals outside. Other than that, it was fun lazying around the hotel, taking hot showers, watching holiday movies, soaking up the sights in the garden, and devouring their divine cheesecake!

I always say that the true test of a good cheesecake is in its plain form -- no toppings whatsoever. And The Manor's cheesecake has passed my test with flying colors!




























No comments:

Post a Comment