Thursday, February 25, 2010

The One About My Cheesy Happiness

This is an overdue post. Last Monday was a holiday and instead of having grand plans of going out, I decided to stay in. I worked on my thesis in the morning and decided to spend the rest of the afternoon watching my borrowed DVD copy of How I Met Your Mother which I happen to be so into right now. Then I thought to myself: What would go greatly with watching DVDs? My mouth suddenly started to water at the thought of chips and junk food but then I realized I didn't have any in the house. I considered going out to buy some at the nearby store but then immediately decided against it when I saw how H-O-T it was that day (or everyday, for that matter). I poked around the fridge, pulled out a block of cheese, an egg, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese, and made these:

I call them the Almost Italian Cheesesticks. They are "almost" Italian because traditionally, these are made using mozzarella cheese. Mozzarella cheese, however, is expensive so I just used cheddar cheese.



They were crispy on the outside and soft and warm on the inside. It was a total cheese overload that afternoon, I tell you. Happiness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment