Monday, March 1, 2010

The One About Rent the Musical and Salcedo Market

Teddy Bird and I had a blast last weekend. Our weekend adventure began when we checked in at Salcedo Suites last Saturday. I discovered that the community at Salcedo was quiet and charming and was dotted with quaint, hole-in-the-wall restaurants. We spotted a World Topps place and had lunch there. I remembered enjoying World Topps when I was in college. Just when I thought it had fizzled out of the restaurant scene, we stumbled upon it in Salcedo and I was glad we did because the food was still good! As we feasted on their appetizer plate, Beef Salpicao Rice, and Sisig, every morsel of it was familiar and yet had a comforting note to it.

That afternoon, we dropped by the Salcedo Park to check out the Salcedo Market because, for the longest time, I have been wanting to go there.



An art fair was going on that day and Teddy Bird and I looked around. I was on the lookout for something different in that place. Lo and behold! The gods must be smiling down at me for we saw this:


Wagyu cheesesteak sandwich!

The bread was soft and warm and the Wagyu beef was really soft and tender. Being big on cheese, the melted Provolone made it all delightful. I figured this sandwich went well with a can of super cold Coke but Teddy Bird thought otherwise:

Mojito at 4 pm! And he had two!

That night, we went to RCBC Plaza as I had bought us tickets to watch Rent the Musical.


It was really nice!!! Teddy Bird noted, though, that it was different from the first Rent production shown some years back. It was good, nonetheless. I love watching musicals and I'm happy Rent turned out to be good one.

The play ended at around 10:30pm and, being ravenous eaters that we were, we spotted a North Park restaurant - in Salcedo, of course - and had a not-so-light dinner of Yang Chow Fried Rice, Boneless Honey Pork Spaeribs, and Salted Squid fried in batter. Yummy!

The next morning after going to church, we went to trusty ol' Jollibee for breakfast. I love their Longganisa Rice meal and La Paz Batchoy. I never eat there without ordering La Paz Batchoy. :)

We checked out early and headed to Megamall where we met up with Teddy Bird's cousin who was joining the Philippine Food Expo. After some chitchat and going around the fair, we had lunch at Amici. I remembered having Amici back in Don Bosco when it was still owned by the Italian priests. It was my first time to eat there since it was bought by the Red Ribbon people. I was happy that the food still tasted the same and the prices were still reasonable. We feasted on their Capriccosa pizza, Aglio Olio pasta, Spaghetti Carbonara, and Mozzarella Frito.

Our tummies were super happy last weekend! Teddy Bird and I are still having withdrawal symptoms as we feel the weekend ended too soon. I guess the title of this post isn't really suitable considering the weekend appears to be more about the food than the play and the weekend market. Oh well...we were happy. That's all the matters. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment