Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The One About Hong Kong (Part 1)



Hon-some and I recently jetted off to Hong Kong for our honeymoon.  It was my first time to go there and I enjoyed every bit of our stay there.  Here are some highlights of our first day in HK:

The Hunger Games was my literary companion while waiting for our eight o'clock morning flight.  I'm hooked to it!


Upon arrival in Hong Kong, we were famished so we grabbed a bite at the nearest McDonald's.  I have this thing about trying out McDonald's in every new country I visit (not that I've visited lots).  Every outlet is like a treasure trove of new greasy goodness!

Like this grilled chicken burger that had a nice spicy kick to it...

Hon-some had been raving about the Big N' Tasty even before we arrived.
 

 After lunch, we checked in our hotel and then right after dumping our luggage in our room, began to explore the city ("Explore," at least for me, since Hon-some has been to HK for countless times already).

First stop was the Hong Kong Stock Exchange building in Central as Hon-some was eager to see it.










Just a stone's throw away is IFC Mall

View from the Star Ferry on our way to Tsim Sha Tsui

We went to this mall at the recommendation of Hon-some's friend and had this heavenly meal: barbecued roast duck for Hon-some and shredded pork and century egg congee for me.  The congee was literally SMOKING hot.  It was still steaming even until the last spoonful!
Then we walked around 1881 Heritage until our feet hurt that when we got back to our hotel, we were dead tired we decided to forgo dinner and just get some shut-eye.

More on this vibrant city on my next post!  I loved every bit of HK on our first day there!


No comments:

Post a Comment