Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The One About the Adarna ECE Conference


Last May 4th and 5th, I attended the first Klasrum Adarna Early Childhood Education Conference.



I loved this year's theme especially because I've been into Filipino children's literature lately, thanks to my EDR 221 (Literature-Based Reading Programs) class where my readings were all Filipino children's books.

The conference was on the mark given my impending return to teaching.  Here are some of the highlights:

 

Dr. Honey Carandang:  Child Psychology


Dr. Michael Tan: Cultural Literacy and Filipino in the Early Childhood Classroom

 

Dr. Letty Ho:  The Regular Teacher in the Inclusive Classroom
 
Ms. Tin Canon, Ms. Maricar de Ocampo, and Ms. Aleta Villanueva:  Best Practices in Progressive Preschools

Ms. Sigrid Sabarre-Perez:  Creativity and Play

I also attended a workshop on Music and Movement by Ms. Joonee Garcia.  I wasn't able to take any pictures because I was having too much fun! :)  Best Music and Movement workshop ever!

I had a blast during the conference.  I can't wait for next year!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment