Monday, July 7, 2014

The One Who Cooked Chinese Fare

A couple of months ago, I wrote about attending a Chinese dimsum and dumpling class at 25 Mushrooms Kitchen (see blog post here).  It may have taken a while but this summer vacation has witnessed me finally buckling down to sourcing authentic Chinese ingredients and preparing some of the dishes I have learned to make from that class.


And I couldn’t be happier with the results...




 Radish cake



Steamed spareribs (didn't add black beans because Hon-some's not a fan)


 Hefty bundles of pork and shrimp siomai


My tummy can attest to the pleasant results of my Chinese cooking attempts!  And while they are not part of the cooking class repertoire, I went further and made...


Salt and pepper squid


Hong Kong-style fried noodles



I have yet to try out the other recipes (the hakaw, in particular, overwhelms me) but at this stage, I feel pretty strongly that the P1,100 I spent for that cooking class was the best P1,100 I ever let go of!

No comments:

Post a Comment