Monday, April 22, 2013

The One About the Wedding Crafts


Hon-some and I attended a wedding two Saturdays ago in Tagaytay.  I was a bridesmaid.  And the bride asked me to get my crafty hands to work by creating the fascinators of the bridesmaids and the boutonnieres of the groom and groomsmen following the vintage theme of the wedding and the color scheme of blush and gray.

I started making samples of the boutonniere last year.  I first wrote about them here.  Here's how the wedding boutonniere has evolved:


 This was one of the first two samples I made.  Early on, I knew I wanted to use skeleton keys but then I didn't have any back then.  Nor did I know where to find some.


Sample 2


 Luckily, my friend in Singapore found some in a craft store there, leading me to making these.  But the bride and groom wanted silver leaves so...


This was the final design. :)


The groom's boutonniere had to be a bit distinct so I whipped out my resin-making kit and made a pendant.






I used the groom's initial on the pendant.  I would have wanted to use "G" to stand for groom and his bride's initial but...I wasn't the bride and had to follow as requested :)


Here's the groom wearing it.

For the bridesmaids...

 
 The bride wanted a small and unobtrusive fascinator.  This was my first sample and the it got a thumbs-up right away from the bride!  It was also the most fun to make!




 The bride and the groom and the bridesmaids and the groomsmen and...my creations. :)


Happy crafting! :)












No comments:

Post a Comment