Here's a recipe I'm sharing today -- Fish Cakes with Mango Salsa!
I try to cook healthy dishes as much as possible. My man loves his meat and fried anything but he often welcomes health-friendly menus too! This dish is perfect because I can sneak in veggies in the fish cake mixture that no carnivore would ever miss his meat!
For the fish cakes, you will need:
Flaked fish fillet (I used cream dory)
salt and pepper
For the mango salsa, you will need:
mango flesh, chopped
cilantro, roughly chopped
What to do:
1. Steam the fish (it doesn't take long). When cool, flake the fish with a fork. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, put the garlic, onion, carrot, chopped parsley, breadcrumbs, and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix very well.
3. Add the flaked fish and mix until everything is well-incorporated into the mixture.
4. Portion the mixture (just eyeball it) and roll each portion into balls the size of golf balls. Then flatten each ball to make a cake.
5. Dust the cakes with flour. At this point, you can already fry the cakes. If you want them crispy, you can dip them in beaten egg and then roll in Japanese breadcrumbs. Then fry them up.
6. For the mango salsa, mix everything in a small bowl. I know not everyone likes cilantro but in this recipe, never skip it. It makes all the difference in the dish. :)