Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday Nugget: Productive Mornings


Like some people, I find myself to be most productive in the mornings.  There's a funny quote that goes "You've got to be a morning person in order to be a teacher."  But even back in high school, I'd still wake up early, finish my homework and school projects by noon, and spend the rest of the day reading for pleasure or working on personal projects (like studying for the UPCAT -- nerd!!!)

Now that I'm hibernating for two months, I still myself waking up before 5:00 am and saying my morning prayer.  I still have breakfast at 5:30 am.  After I see my husband off to work just before 6:00 am, I dive into my tasks for the day.  I start with an hour of yoga then proceed to do household chores.  I take a bath then work on mostly personal projects and other important stuff.  By noon, I would have already ticked off more than half of the items in my To-Do List.




I understand that other people work best later in the day but I just find mornings refreshing enough to accomplish tasks, most of which take me closer to the realization of my dreams.  My brain is at its peak to take in new information and my body is ready to take creative abuse just as the sun rises and I love taking advantage of that. 


 


When I wake up early in the morning, I realize with gratitude that the 24 hours that God has blessed my day with is just enough to primp our box of a home, cook hearty meals for Hon-some, read books, make beautiful things, sip my tea ritually, and connect with family, friends, and myself as well.

Good morning, everyone, and happy midweek!

No comments:

Post a Comment