Another successful kitchen adventure! The taste of this seafood chowder still lingers in my mouth. It's THAT good! And easy! :)
Here's what you'll need:
Fish cubes (dredged in flour then pan-friend; you can also poach the fish in milk)
Cream of mushroom soup
Here's what you do:
1. After pan-frying the fish, put a pat of butter in a pan and quickly cook the shrimp (heads removed) and squid. Set aside.
2. Saute onions and garlic. Add the shrimp heads and, using a wooden spoon, squeeze out all the yummy . flavor from the shrimp heads. Add the potatoes.
3. Add water (or fish stock). Water is fine because the flavor from the shrimp heads will be enough to intensify the seafood flavor of the dish. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
4. Add cream of mushroom soup (or milk or cream). Add sliced mushrooms.
5. Put the seafood back, sprinkle with parsley, and simmer on low heat until ready to serve.
I served the chowder with garlic bread. Hon-some and I stumbled on this garlic bread recipe and it's the best garlic bread ever!!!
In a bowl, mix the following: softened butter, chopped parsley, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and lemon zest. Spread on bread and lightly toast in the oven!
I am suddenly reminded of how perfect this dish is now that the rainy season has officially begun in my home soil. It's hearty, warm, filling, and it really hits the spot. :)