Tuesday, August 27, 2013

10-Day Weekend Tidbits


Yup!  Mother Nature did not only bring forth heavy rains but also a 10-day long weekend for teachers like me (including the holidays).  I have to admit the rains did stress me out a bit - because I hate the rain to begin with - and also because of the perennial construction problem that our half-baked-made house succumbs to, resulting to "indoor flooding."

Anyway, I don't want to go through that because I have been going through that for two years now.  So!!!  Let me just show you a visual lowdown of how I spent my looooong weekend (apart from mopping floors).

Tidbit 1:  Went to Cool Beans Cafe (again!).  Their Kalinga roast coffee is perfect on a rainy day.  It was so strong, though, that I was up until 2 am the following morning!  I also devoured (half) a plate of their Creamy Bacon Mushroom Pasta while burying my nose in one of their library selections.




Tidbit 2:  I was able to practice my calligraphy.  I realize I have not blogged about me learning calligraphy.  It's a difficult endeavor to post as you will soon learn.  They say my left-handedness is an advantage but I'm still struggling with my strokes.




Tidbit 3:  Finished sewing a set of prototypes for Wicked Crafts's next offering.




Tidbit 4:  Had lunch with my family at Romulo Cafe.  Hon-some and I missed eating here and we were happy the food was still just as good as when we last dined here.


 Pinoy Nachos:  Kamote and taro chips topped with tomatoes and kesong puti and drizzled with cheese sauce


 Boneless Crispy Pata Binagoongan (we went easy on this one)


 Seafood Kare-Kare


 Escabecheng Lapu-lapu


Tidbit 5:  For the past two weeks, I have been juicing vegetables and fruits for Hon-some.  This week, I made a big batch of juice using celery, cucumber, and apples!



Was also able to catch up on my reading, do advanced stuff for work, personal projects, and more household chores. :)

The weekend that was.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment