Thursday, August 22, 2013

The One About the Parmesan Salmon Bake


Hon-some and I love the Parmesan-crusted Cream Dory at Cookbook Kitchen and he has been telling me to recreate it at home.  Well, now that we're on a health freak mode, fish has become a much-needed fare on our dinner table.  Hence, I was only too happy to oblige.

I did some tweaking on the recipe (because I don't know the recipe to begin with) so this is pretty much all my own.



First, I used salmon (instead of cream dory) and steamed it.  Since this dish will be baked, you can skip the steaming.  But I love the taste of steamed fish (it tastes fresher); plus, it doesn't take long to steam fish.

While the salmon is steaming, I sauteed garlic in butter - again, I eyeball my ingredients; I never measure - and added flour to make a roux.  Then I added chicken stock and half-and-half.  Add some freshly grated nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.  I added a handful of grated cheddar cheese to make it tasty.

After the salmon has been steamed, I flaked it and spread it onto a baking dish.  I covered the fish with the creamy sauce.  Then I topped the whole thing off with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and cubes of butter.  I baked it in the over just until the topping formed a lovely crust.

I served it with buttered French beans. :)




Yummy!  Try it; you'll love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment